Anyone interested in reading a rant? :)
As all of you know, I have been totes obsessed with my dog and his shoes lately.
Lets go back a bit. This is the first winter I am living with Shakes in NYC - last winter I had to send him to live with my parents for a few months because I broke my leg and couldn’t walk at all and it wasn’t very snowy before that so I didn’t get it. In NYC you NEED shoes. Whatever they put on the streets eats the feet raw. Even if you wash them immediately after getting home. It happened to Shakes.
I am not the one to dress my dog, Shakes really doesn’t need it. His coat is thick enough to enjoy a Polar Vortex. The only time I dress him is on Halloween, at only for about 15 minutes at that, for my own amusement and a pic for you guys :)
However, after his toes started bleeding in the street after he walked over a bunch of de-icer, I went out and got him shoes. I was ready to go with my camera because I thought he would walk much like Winston, in the video below. Much to my dismay, he took to his shoes right away and didn’t mind them one bit.
These shoes have been the best 15 bux I ever spent. His feet healed and even the little allergies he had on them before hand went away.
So, to the point of my rant. The reason I said all this is because a video of a Doxie named Winston recently went viral. I’m sure you’ve seen it already but if you haven’t here it is - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEpZUwd7BTs I thought it was hilarious! I laughed out loud at my desk watching Winston stumble around. Then I looked at the comments.
Holy crap. I could not believe how many people were throwing hate at this video. Anything from “Stupid human jerks” and “These people should not be allowed to own a pet” to some serious death threats. One person, who was especially hateful, said something like “Can’t you just carry him?” You ass, where you gonna carry him in New York City? The next block which has even more salt? Or maybe she should just hold him up in the air while he does his business? UGH!
I don;t know this lady or her dog, but I am mad for her!
Look at this freaking dog. He is beautiful, well taken care of, lives in a beautiful home and just wasn’t used to the way his feet felt in these booties. And people are saying that someone should come and take him away because she is ABUSING him? WHAT?
I can’t imagine, if I was Winston’s mom and I got an overwhelming negative response like she did… I would take the video down.
She is pretty graceful in her response though. It looks like she answers EVERY negative comment, and politely, if I may add. I would probably be telling people to go sit on it and rotate, if it was me.
I would like to send out a tip of the hat to Winston’s mom. Whose only crime was to have a sense of humor about her dog walking funny in his new shoes, which he needs for his health.
People do not get the “NYC Dog problems” (New blog idea? LOL) Road salt is probably one of the biggest… hot pavement in the summer is another. There is no escaping it, and shoes are the ONLY answer. Or you know… you can just not let your dog outside for weeks or months…. That surely is more humane… right.
Since the video hit it big, she has posted a follow up of Winston walking around in his new booties, feeling a lot more comfortable. You can check it out here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIGKM3fE5Yc
Can we all go and leave her a bit of a positive message?
PHEW. OK. end rant.160 notes · #sheltie #shetland sheepdog #doxie #dachshund #dog shoes #viral videos #winston #nyc #road salt #dog clothes
- okashiwatashi1 likes this
- losertology likes this
- thecutestofthecute likes this
- dollb likes this
- deorgedoxies likes this
- harleylhorreur reblogged this from fuckyeahsheltie
- it-is-called-life likes this
- freethroathugz likes this
- piercingyourthoughts likes this
- sexy-sweatersforsale likes this
- way-too-many-books reblogged this from thisoverhere
- way-too-many-books likes this
- dogpsychologyfan likes this
- abasketofbutter likes this
- robertopan likes this
- thisoverhere reblogged this from lunulata
- itsgoodtobeagoddess likes this
- marlborovedge likes this
- perf-ume likes this
- ultimatemomfan reblogged this from sheepheadfred
- if-you-see-gay-me likes this
- t-nightingale likes this
- atax86 reblogged this from l00k--alive--sunshine
- georghotel likes this
- asidewalksymphony reblogged this from reptila-tequila
- significantfoliage reblogged this from sheepheadfred
- blackandgreyworld likes this
- sheepheadfred reblogged this from l00k--alive--sunshine
- orevet likes this
- eriyufollowsaskblogs likes this
- lostinlife23 reblogged this from reptila-tequila
- whowasntthere likes this
- wintersoldiersdick reblogged this from kageyamasdick
- lunulata reblogged this from mereologist
- mcmoddity likes this
- beezlebub likes this
- leav3italone reblogged this from reptila-tequila
- lylawoods reblogged this from reptila-tequila
- kerapac likes this
- kageyamasdick reblogged this from reptila-tequila
- l00k--alive--sunshine reblogged this from reptila-tequila
- straysleep likes this
- lanayruuu likes this
- i-deactivated-this-one likes this
- gaysolas likes this
- thatonekansasprincess reblogged this from buxom-belle
- thatonekansasprincess likes this
- delci-kun likes this
- princess9797 reblogged this from reptila-tequila
- hoonding reblogged this from reptila-tequila